It is undoubtedly the most played and reasonably addictive Airline management game.
Airlines Manager allows you to create your dream airline choosing from over 130 aircraft and 2,600 airports alongside with more than 3 million other managers. It is indeed not a game you can spend hours on a daily basis, because you need to be patient.
The good thing is that the game is available on a desktop and as App for smartphones. Sometimes it is preferred to execute a specific task on a desktop while copying flight schedules is much easier on your smartphone.
Being among the 800 best players, I am happy to share my top 5 recommended strategies:
- The A380 seems to be the most efficient aircraft
- Buy seven same aircraft and take-off every day to another destination. Ensure that the seven flying destinations in total reach 168h flying time. Use the copy function once you have set up the flying schedule for one aircraft
- It seems that long-haul flights achieve the best result. Four Airbus A380 flights a day on routes such as AUH/LAX, DBX/LAX, MIA/HKG, AUH/MIA, LHR/SIN reach each a turnover of >25MM/day or net profit of >20MM
- Preferred Hub Destinations: MIA, AUH, SIN, ZRH, LAX, JFK, LHR, SYD
- Get all services, but pay attention to the decrease in passengers, when pushing too hard the cargo services
In my old days, I used to play Railroad Tycoon a game, which showed me the real life as a CEO. There are so many things to take into consideration that you are successful. Airline Manager is very much similar, so if you think you can take the challenge, go for it. You won’t be disappointed, but be patient.
Pros: Addictive, time spending limited, feels like being a CEO
Cons: Addictive, money spent